Paracetamol Overdose

DANGER OF OVERDOSE OF PARACETAMOL

The rate of consumption of paracetamol and tramadol is posing a great health challenge to our society as a result of abuse…but we rather advice people to eat healthy diets, fruits and drink 2-3 liters of water daily for good health instead of herbal medications that we can’t say much about for now.

Paracetamol is also known as acetaminophen or APAP, and it’s used to treat fever and mile pain.

If taken overdose,
N-acetylcysteine (NAC), or acetylcysteine, is an extremely effective antidote for 
acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity due to an acute overdose, especially if administered within 8-10 hours after ingestion.

When metabolized in the liver, small amounts of an intensely active metabolite, which is normally immediately inactivated by glutathione, are produced.

An overdose causes a glutathione deficiency; the reactive metabolite may then cause hepatocellular damage and necrosis leading to acute liver failure.Toxic effects have been observed in adults treated with doses of more than 10 g (20 tablets).

However, if there is a pre-existing liver insufficiency, paracetamol can be hepatotoxic even in small amounts.

So, avoid taking roadside medications without prescription from a qualified person.

====================

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DmC7pPytcrD7pThKnISomZ

God bless you for joining Infohealth Awareness Group

script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">